Yoast SEO is by far one of the most popular, and arguably most powerful SEO, WordPress plugins and they have just announced a massive new feature!
Yoast has recently announced that they, in partnership with both Google and Bing, have been working on live indexing for all Yoast users.
This will mean that each time you publish, update or remove a post on your website, your indexing update with Google and Bing will be near immediate!
How it works
When you do a site update Yoast passes a notification to Bing, who will then check the changes and update accordingly. This is done without the need for a Bing Webmaster tool, which makes it that much easier. The process with Google will be similar, although Yoast has said that a Google Search Console account will most likely be required.
How to take advantage
For this new feature to work, your site needs to be connected to MyYoast. Here are the CleverClicks you need to make to get connected!
- Go to the MyYoast webpage: https://my.yoast.com/signup
- Signup or log in if you already have an account.
- On the home page, navigate to Sites in the left menu
- Click on the Add site button in the middle of the screen.
- Fill in your web address and select your platform.
- Click Add!
Now your site will be ready for instant indexing come the update in March!